The 2010 WTA Tour Finals round robin matches began yesterday on Tuesday 26 October at 5pm local time in Doha, Qatar. Another 3 matches are scheduled to be played today one after the other on the Centre Court at the Khalifa International Tennis Complex. The year-end World No.1 ranking could be decided today.
The player’s name that is bolded in the schedule of play below is OCA’s prediction of who will win each match. OCA will keep you updated here at OCAwith the results and scores of each match and the schedule of play throughout this tournament.
Round robin matches scheduled Wednesday 27 October:
- At 5pm: No.2 seed Vera Zvonareva versus No.8 Victoria Azarenka in the white group
- Followed by: No.3 seed Kim Clijsters v. No.6 seed Jelena Jankovic in the maroon group
- Followed by: No.1 seed Caroline Wozniacki v. No.5 seed Samantha Stosur in the maroon group
Completed match results and scores on Day 2:
- Vera Zvonareva defeated Victoria Azarenka 7-6 (7-4), 6-4 in 2 hours and 17 minutes
- Kim Clijsters def. Jelena Jankovic 6-3 6-2 in 1 hour and 14 minutes
- Samantha Stosur def. Caroline Wozniacki 6-4 6-3 in 1 hour and 27 minutes
Schedule of play for Day 3 on Thursday 28 October:
- At 5pm: (5) Samantha Stosur v. (7) Elena Dementieva in the maroon group
- Followed by: (1) Caroline Wozniacki v. (4) Francesca Schiavone in the maroon group
- Followed by: (3) Kim Clijsters v. (8) Victoria Azarenka in the white group
Stay tuned to this tennis website for full coverage of every Grand Slam tournament and every major women’s and men’s tennis tournament on the WTA and ATP Tours. Click this link for further details about the WTA Tour Finals -> WTA Tour Finals 2010: October 26-31.
© OnCourtAdvantage.com 2010
photo credit: angelicalbite