Last updated on November 26 at 11:15pm London time. See the latest scores and results below…Rafael Nadal won his group with a 3-0 win-loss record in matches, whilst Novak Djokovic was the runner-up with a 2-1 record. Tomas Berdych was 3rd with 1-2 and Andy Roddick was 4th with 0-3.
The 2010 ATP Tour Finals continue today with final day of the 6-day round robin event to decide who the final two semi finalists will be after Roger Federer and Andy Murray qualified for the semi finals in first and second place respectively. The winner of Group A today will play against Andy Murray because Murray finished second in his Group B and the runner-up in Group A will play Roger Federer.
Group A plays their third round of matches today where Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Tomas Berdych and Andy Roddick are all still in contention to make the semi finals. Believe it or not, Rafael Nadal can still miss out on making it to the semi finals despite winning his first two matches. Don’t miss the final round robin matches today.
The matches on Day 5 commence at 2pm local time in London, Great Britain (10pm Hong Kong time) for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals held are at the O2 Arena on the indoor hard courts with a seating capacity of 17,500 spectators. The HEAD ATP Tennis Ball is being used for this tournament. All matches are played using the best of three sets format, including the semi finals and the Men’s Singles Final.
- Rafael Nadal 2 match wins & 4-1 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 29 games out of 52 in his games win-loss ratio
- Novak Djokovic 1 match win & 2-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 19 games out of 38 in his games win-loss ratio
- Tomas Berdych 1 match win & 2-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 19 games out of 39 in his games win-loss ratio
- Andy Roddick 2 matches lost & 1-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 24 games out of 53 in his games win-loss ratio
Final Group B Standings:
- Roger Federer 3 match wins & 6-0 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 37 games out of 57 in his games win-loss ratio
- Andy Murray 2 match wins & 4-2 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 30 games out of 52 in his games win-loss ratio
- Robin Soderling 1 match win & 2-4 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 29 games out of 63 in his games win-loss ratio
- David Ferrer 0 matches won & 0-6 in his sets win-loss ratio + won 19 games out of 57 in his games win-loss ratio
If you divide the number of games a player has won by the number of games they have played and multiply it by 100 you get the percentage for each player’s games win-loss ratio. This is the deciding factor in determining who makes the semi finals, if any two players are tied on match wins and win-loss ratio for sets at the end of the round robin.
Currently, in Group A Nadal’s record is %55.7, Djokovic has %50, Berdych has %48.7 and Roddick has %45.2. In Group B the final games win-loss percentages were: Federer %64.9, Murray has %57.6, Soderling has %46.0 and Ferrer has %33.3. Further details will follow ASAP about the head-to-head records for all matches, how many ATP ranking points and prize money they have won thus far.
The player’s name that is bolded in the schedule of play below is OCA’s prediction of who will win each match. OCA will keep you updated here with the results and scores of each match and the schedule of play throughout this tournament.
Group A Round robin matches: Schedule of play for Friday 26 November:
- At 2pm: No.1 seed Rafael Nadal versus No.6 seed Tomas Berdych
- At 8pm: No.3 seed Novak Djokovic v. No.8 seed Andy Roddick
Completed match results and scores on Day 6:
- Rafael Nadal defeated Tomas Berdych 7-6 (7-3), 6-1 in 1 hour and 54 minutes
- Novak Djokovic def. Andy Roddick 6-2 6-3 in 1 hour and 6 minutes
Stay tuned to this tennis website for full coverage of every Grand Slam tournament and every major women’s and men’s tennis tournament on the WTA and ATP Tours. Click this link for further details about the ATP Tour Finals ->ATP Tour Finals 2010: November 21-28.
© OnCourtAdvantage.com 2010
photo credit: Arete13