The 2013 Wimbledon Championships will be the 127th year that the All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) is staging this tournament after commencing in 1877 in the London suburb of Wimbledon in the United Kingdom.
Below OnCourt Advantage details what the schedule of play is for every day i.e. what time play commences, which round is being played and if the player’s have a day off so you can follow, watch and/or attend this tournament.
Who will you be doing your Luxbet Tennis Betting on for the remaining tournaments this year and all the way through to the 2013 Wimbledon Championships?
To watch the tennis in Singapore add 7 hours to the local times in London listed below to work out what the equivalent time in Singapore is.
The 30-year-old Roger Federer is pictured above with Wimbledon’s “The All England Lawn Tennis Club Single Handed Champion of the World” trophy. The 1.85m Federer playing in his 24th Grand Slam final won an all-time record 17th Grand Slam singles title at Wimbledon in 2012 by defeating Andy Murray 4-6, 7-5, 6-3, 6-4 in 3 hours and 24 minutes. This victory further improved the Swiss’s stellar career record at Wimbledon to 66-7 and a men’s record eighth Wimbledon singles final.
Federer returned to the World No.1 ranking with his record-equalling seventh Wimbledon singles title for the first time since 24 May 2010. By doing this, the 2009 Roland Garros champion equalled the all-time ATP Tour record held by Pete Sampras for most weeks spent ranked at No.1 with 286, which the 5-time US Open winner will hold outright a week later. The 4-time Australian Open champion first achieved the World No.1 ranking on 2 February 2004.
The schedule of play for the 2013 men’s singles event at Wimbledon is:
- Monday 17 June: Qualifying 1st round at 11am;
- Tuesday 18 June: Qualifying 2nd round at 11am;
- Wednesday 19 June: Qualifying 3rd round at 11am;
- Monday 24 June: Main Draw 1st round at 11:30am;
- Tuesday 25 June: Main Draw 1st round at 11:30am;
- Wednesday 26 June: 2nd round at 11:30am;
- Thursday 27 June: 2nd round at 11:30am;
- Friday 28 June: 3rd round at 11:30am;
- Saturday 29 June: 3rd round at 11:30am;
- Sunday 30 June: No play is scheduled at all;
- Monday 1 July: Round of 16 at 11:30am;
- Tuesday 2 July: No men’s matches today;
- Wednesday 3 July: Men’s Quarter Finals at 11:30am;
- Thursday 4 July: No men’s matches today;
- Friday 5 July: Men’s Semi Finals from 2pm;
- Saturday 6 July: No men’s matches today; and
- Sunday 7 July: Men’s Singles Final at 2pm.
Please note that the tournament management can alter the schedule from day to day.
© photo credit: Wimbledon