The 2013 Sydney International men’s main draw singles has just been released. In this post OnCourt Advantage lists details about the composition of the draw, the seeded match-ups for the quarter finals and semi finals and the full singles draw in an easy to follow format.
The 2013 Sydney International has 28 players vying for this ATP Tour 250 category singles title, the trophy, a maximum of 250 ATP ranking points and $78,800 for the winner. The 8 seeds ranged in rankings from World No.12 John ISNER through to No.34 Marcel GRANOLLERS. Bernard TOMIC of Australia ranked at No.52 was the last direct acceptance to make the cut-off.
All of the players listed in the draw below except for the direct acceptances will have letters or a number in brackets in front of their names. A seeded player will have a number that denotes what number that player is seeded i.e.  for the No.1 seed. A wild card entrant is identified with – [WC], a player who won through the qualifying tournament i.e. a qualifier is [Q], a special entry or special exempt is [SE], a protected ranking is [PR] and a lucky loser is [LL].
The draw for the seeded players IF they all win through to the quarter finals is:
- John ISNER  v  Radek STEPANEK
- Fernando VERDASCO  v  Jeremy CHARDY
The seeded match ups for the bottom half of the draw are:
- Marcel GRANOLLERS  v  Andreas SEPPI
- Florian MAYER  v  Gilles SIMON
The four players that are bolded below make it easier for you to see who is seeded to meet in the semi finals.
The 2013 Sydney International men’s singles draw is:
- John ISNER  v BYE
- Roberto BAUTISTA AGUT [SE] v [Q] Ryan HARRISON
- Julien BENNETEAU v Pablo ANDUJAR
- Guillermo GARCIA-LOPEZ [Q] v  Radek STEPANEK
- Fernando VERDASCO  v BYE
- Denis ISTOMIN v [WC] James DUCKWORTH
- Aljaz BEDENE [SE] v Kevin ANDERSON
- Feliciani LOPEZ v  Jeremy CHARDY
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Marcel GRANOLLERS  v [WC] Matthew EBDEN
- Grigor DIMITROV v Fabio FOGNINI
- Tommy ROBREDO [PR] v [WC] John MILLMAN
- BYE v  Andreas SEPPI
- Florian MAYER  v [Q] Joao SOUSA
- Bernard TOMIC v Marinko MATOSEVIC
- Jarkko NIEMINEN v [Q] Bjorn PHAU
- BYE v  Gilles SIMON
© photo credit: RalfReinecke