The 2013 Shenzen Open women’s main draw singles has just been released. In this post OnCourt Advantage lists details about the composition of the draw, the seeded match-ups for the quarter finals and semi finals and the full singles draw in an easy to follow format.
The 2013 Shenzen Open has 32 players vying for this WTA International category singles title, the trophy, a maximum of 280 WTA ranking points and $112,080 for the winner. The 8 seeds ranged in rankings from World No.7 LI Na through to No.56 Bojana JOVANOVSKI. Elina SVITOLINA of the Ukraine ranked at No.114 was the last direct acceptance to make the cut-off.
All of the players listed in the draw below except for the direct acceptances will have letters or a number in brackets in front of their names. A seeded player will have a number that denotes what number that player is seeded i.e.  for the No.1 seed. A wild card entrant is identified with – [WC], a player who won through the qualifying tournament i.e. a qualifier is [Q], a special entry or special exempt is [SE] and a lucky loser is [LL].
The draw for the seeded players IF they all win through to the quarter finals is:
- LI Na  v  Bojana JOVANOVSKI
- HSIEH Su-Wei  v  PENG Shuai
The seeded match ups for the bottom half of the draw are:
- Laura ROBSON  v  Jelena JANKOVIC
- Klara ZAKOPALOVA  v  Marion BARTOLI
The four players that are bolded below make it easier for you to see who is seeded to meet in the semi finals.
The 2013 Shenzen Open women’s singles draw is:
- LI Na  v Mandy MINELLA
- Nina BRATCHIKOVA v Julia COHEN
- DUAN Ying-Ying [WC] v [Q] Kimiko DATE-KRUMM
- Alexandra CADANTU v  Bojana JOVANOVSKI
- HSIEH Su-Wei  v Melinda CZINK
- Garbine MUGURUZA v Annika BECK
- CHAN Yung-Jan v Ayuni MORITA
- Anne KOETHAVONG [Q] v  PENG Shuai
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Laura ROBSON  v Edina GALLOVITS-HALL
- ZHENG Saisai [WC] v Monica NICULESCU
- Silvia SOLER-ESPINOSA v CHANG Kai-Chen
- Jessica PEGULA [Q] v [LL] ZHOU Yi-Mao replaced  Jelena Jankovic
- Klara ZAKOPALOVA  v Andrea HLAVACKOVA
- Shahar PEER v Elina SVITOLINA
- Timea BABOS v [Q] Stefanie VOEGELE
- CHAN Wing-Yau [WC] v  Marion BARTOLI
© photo credit: Andy2982