The 2013 Qatar Open in Doha is being played for the 21st time this year. To make it easier for YOU to follow, watch or attend this tournament OnCourt Advantage details how the ATP ranking points and prize money are allocated round-by-round plus what the schedule of play is for each day. To watch the tennis in Singapore add 5 hours to the local times in Doha listed below.
Further details, including how to buy tickets, “Like” and “Follow” the Qatar Open, the tournament venue, centre court capacity, the court surface and total prize money are covered here-> Qatar Open Tennis 2013.
The original cut-off ranking for direct acceptance in to the main draw singles event is ATP Tour World No.78 and 2012 runner-up Gael Monfils. The Top 8 highest ranked players entered at the cut-0ff date of 19 November 2012 are: Rafael Nadal, David Ferrer, Richard Gasquet, Philipp Kohlschreiber, Mikhail Youzhny, Jeremy Chardy, Viktor Troicki and Feliciano Lopez.
Pictured above is 11-time Grand Slam singles champion Rafael NADAL into the forward swing phase of this one-handed slice backhand at the 2012 Qatar Open. The 26-year-old former World No.1 played his last tour match in the 2nd round at Wimbledon in June 2012 because of a partial patellar tendon tear in his left knee. The 1.85m left-hander is playing the exhibition event in Abu Dhabi at the end of the month, the Mubadala World Tennis Championship, which he won in 2010 and 2011.
Please note that the tournament management can alter the schedule from day to day.
The ATP ranking points and prize money is awarded to the players like this:
- The winner earns 250 points + $180,600;
- The runner-up earns 150 points + $95,130;
- The two semi finalists earn 90 points + $51,530;
- The four quarter finalists earn 45 points + $29,360;
- The 8 players who lose in the round of 16 earn 20 points + $17,300;
- The *players who lose in the 1st round receive $10,250 but DO NOT earn any ranking points.
*The points awarded to a 1st round loser vary according to how they were allocated a place in the 1st round.
The schedule of play for the 2013 Qatar Open Men’s Singles event is:
- Saturday 29 December: Qualifying at 11am;
- Sunday 30 December: Qualifying at 3:30pm;
- Monday 31 December: Main Draw 1st round at 3:30pm;
- Tuesday 1 January: 1st round at 3:30pm;
- Wednesday 2 January: Round of 16 from 11am and 7:30pm;
- Thursday 3 January: Round of 16 from 11am and 7:30pm;
- Friday 4 January: Quarter Finals from 11am; and
- Saturday 5 January: Semi Finals at 4:30pm; and
- Sunday 6 January: Men’s Singles Final at 4:30pm.
© photo credit: Qatar Tennis