The 2011 Pattaya Open women’s main draw singles matches will begin on Monday 7 February at 3pm local time in Pattaya, Thailand. There are 32 main draw spots divided up between 4 Qualifiers (Q), 3 Wild Cards (WC) and 25 Direct Acceptances. Pattaya is a WTA International category tournament played on hard courts from February 5-13.
Pattaya is held at the Dusit Thani Hotel in Pattaya, Thailand on hard courts. The centre court has a capacity of 2,500 spectators on finals weekend. The total prize money for the 2011 Pattaya Open tournament is 220,000 US dollars. The last direct acceptance into the draw was Tatjana MALEK of Germany who was ranked No.137 at the cut-off date. As soon as the qualifying event is complete OCA will add the names of the 4 qualifiers into their allocated spots in the draw below.
If you need help buying tickets click here for official tickets.
The Seeds: In a 32-player sized draw there are 8 seeded players. The players are the highest 8 ranked players according to the latest WTA rankings available before the tournament commences. These latest rankings were released on Monday 31 January.
The 2011 Pattaya Open women’s singles seeds are:
1-Vera ZVONAREVA, 2-Ana IVANOVIC, 3-Maria KIRILENKO, 4-Daniela HANTUCHOVA, 5-Roberta VINCI, 6-PENG Shuai, 7-ZHENG Jie and 8-Sara ERRANI.
If a seeded players withdraws during the next few days before taking the court for their 1st round match OCA will update you of any new developments amongst the seeded players straight away. That seed would be replaced by the next highest ranked direct acceptance.
The Wild Cards: The wild cards are were awarded to the No.2,3 and 4 highest ranked WTA Thai players: 19-year-old Noppawan LERTCHEEWAKARN (World No.163), 23-year-old Nudnida LUANGNAM (No.220) and 19-year-old Nicha LERTPITAKSINCHAI (No.423).
The Qualifiers: The 16-player qualifying tournament began on Saturday 5 February and concludes on Sunday 6 February. As soon as each of the 4 players win their 2nd and final round of qualifying OCA will add their names right here-> Zarina DIYAS, Nungnadda WANNASUK, Galina VOSKOBOEVA and Ksenia PALKINA.
Ana IVANOVIC is pictured above during her 1st round match at the 2011 Australian Open on Tuesday 18 January. Ivanovic will be looking for a very strong performance in Pattaya as she looks to build on her great finish to the 2010 season. The former World No.1 and 2008 Roland Garros singles champion is working towards a return to the Top 10 and contending for the major titles on the WTA in 2011.
The draw for the seeded players IF they all win through to the quarter finals is:
- Vera ZVONAREVA (1) v (6) PENG Shuai
- Daniela HANTUCHOVA (4) v (7) ZHENG Jie
- Sara ERRANI (8) v (3) Maria KIRILENKO
- Roberta VINCI (5) v (2) Ana IVANOVIC
The 2011 Pattaya Open women’s singles draw for the 1st round is:
- Vera ZVONAREVA (1) v Tamira Paszek
- (Q) Zarina DIYAS v (Q) Nungnadda WANNASUK
- Elena BALTACHA v (WC) Nicha LERTPITAKSINCHAI
- CHAN Yung-Jan v (6) PENG Shuai
- Daniela HANTUCHOVA (4) v Kurumi NARA
- Renata VORACOVA v Kimiko DATE-KRUMM
- Tatjana MALEK v Chanelle SCHEEPERS
- Akgul AMANMURADOVA v (7) ZHENG Jie
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Sara ERRANI (8) v CHANG Kai-Chen
- Ayumi MORITA v Tamarine TANASUGARN
- Romina OPRANDI v (Q) Galina VOSKOBOEVA
- Alberta BRIANTI v (3) Maria KIRILENKO
- Roberta VINCI (5) v (Q) Ksenia PALKINA
- Zuzana KUCOVA v ZHANG Shuai
- Noppawan LERTCHEEWAKARN (WC) v Jill CRAYBAS
- Nudnida LUANGNAM (WC) v (2) Ana IVANOVIC
Stay tuned to this tennis website for coverage of every major women’s and men’s tennis tournament on both the WTA and ATP Tours. For details about the next Grand Slams click-> Roland Garros 2011: May 17-June 5 and Wimbledon 2011: June 13-July 3.
© OnCourtAdvantage.com 2011
photo credit: americanistadechiapas