The 2011 Mexico Open men’s main draw singles matches will begin on Monday 21 February at 3pm local time. There are 32 main draw spots divided up between 4 Qualifiers (Q), 3 Wild Cards (WC), 1 Special Exempt (SE) and 24 Direct Acceptances.
The official tournament name is the Abierto Mexicano Telcel and it is an ATP World Tour 500 category tournament played on red clay courts from February 19-26. The total financial commitment for the 2011 tournament is 1,226,500 US dollars, with the total prize money for the Men’s Singles event being $955,000. The last direct acceptance into the draw was Filippo VOLANDRI of Italy who was ranked No.91 at the cut-off date.
To see the FULL 2011 Men’s Schedule of Play, prize money and ATP ranking points earned per round plus more details about the qualifying event click-> Mexico 2011 Men’s Schedule of Play. There have three withdrawals from the event after the draw had been made, which creates spots for Lucky Losers (LL) in the adjusted draw below.
Please leave a comment below this article regarding anything YOU would like to know about in tennis, have explained or suggest for me to write about here at OnCourt Advantage.
The 2011 Mexico Open men’s singles draw for the 1st round is:
- David FERRER (1) v (Q) Adrian UNGUR
- Santiago GONZALEZ (WC) v (WC) Daniel GARZA
- Potito STARACE v Pablo CUEVAS
- Horacio ZEBALLOS (LL) v (7) Juan MONACO (Zeballos replaced Robredo)
- Stanislas WAWRINKA (4) v Pablo ANDUJAR
- Maximo GONZALEZ (Q) v Fabio FOGNINI
- Milos RAONIC (SE) Daniel MUNOZ-DE LA NAVA (LL) v Carlos BERLOCQ (Raonic withdrew)
- Paul CAPDEVILLE (Q) v (6) Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Albert MONTANES (5) v Daniel GIMENO-TRAVER
- Albert RAMOS-VINOLAS (Q) v Santiago GIRALDO
- Frederico GIL (LL) v Filippo VOLANDRI (Gil replaced Nalbandian)
- Victor HANESCU v (3) Nicolas ALMAGRO
- Juan Ignacio CHELA (8) v Eduardo SCHWANK
- Ruben RAMIREZ HIDALGO v Lukasz KUBOT
- Pere RIBA v (WC) Manuel SANCHEZ
- Thomaz BELLUCCI v (2) Fernando VERDASCO
Stay tuned to this tennis website for coverage of every major women’s and men’s tennis tournament on both the WTA and ATP Tours. For details about the next Grand Slams click-> Roland Garros 2011: May 17-June 5 and Wimbledon 2011: June 13-July 3.
photo credit: globalite