The 2013 Chennai Open men’s main draw singles has just been released. In this post OnCourt Advantage lists details about the composition of the draw, the seeded match-ups for the quarter finals and semi finals and the full singles draw in an easy to follow format.
The 2013 Chennai Open has 28 players vying for this ATP Tour 250 category singles title, the trophy, a maximum of 250 ATP ranking points and $69,500 for the winner. The 8 seeds ranged in rankings from World No.6 Tomas BERDYCH through to No.60 Go SOEDA. Dudi SELA of Israel ranked at No.109 was the last direct acceptance to make the cut-off.
All of the players listed in the draw below except for the direct acceptances will have letters or a number in brackets in front of their names. A seeded player will have a number that denotes what number that player is seeded i.e.  for the No.1 seed. A wild card entrant is identified with – [WC], a player who won through the qualifying tournament i.e. a qualifier is [Q], a special entry or special exempt is [SE] and a lucky loser is [LL].
The draw for the seeded players IF they all win through to the quarter finals is:
- Tomas BERDYCH [WC] v  LU Yen-Hsun
- Marin CILIC  v  Benoit PAIRE
The seeded match ups for the bottom half of the draw are:
- Robin HAASE  v  Stanislas WAWRINKA
- Go SOEDA  v  Janko TIPSAREVIC
The four players that are bolded below make it easier for you to see who is seeded to meet in the semi finals.
The 2013 Chennai Open men’s singles draw is:
- Tomas BERDYCH [WC] v BYE
- Jan HAJEK v [WC] Somdev DEVVARMAN
- Blaz KAVCIC v Roberto BAUTISTA AGUT
- Matthias BACHINGER v  LU Yen-Hsun
- Marin CILIC  v BYE
- [Q] v Sergiy STAKHOVSKY
- Dudi SELA v [Q]
- Flavio CIPOLLA v  Benoit PAIRE
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Robin HAASE  v [WC] Yuki BHAMBRI
- Aljaz BEDENE v Joao SOUSA
- Igor SIJSLING v [Q]
- BYE v  Stanislas WAWRINKA
- Go SOEDA  v Evgeny DONSKOY
- [Q] v Guillaume RUFIN
- Edouard ROGER-VASSELIN v Andrey KUZNETSOV
- BYE v  Janko TIPSAREVIC
© photo credit: Richard van loon