The 2013 Brisbane International women’s main draw singles has just been released. In this post OnCourt Advantage lists details about the composition of the draw, the seeded match-ups for the quarter finals and semi finals and the full singles draw in an easy to follow format.
The 2013 Brisbane International has 30 players vying for this prestigious WTA Premier category singles title, the trophy, a maximum of 470 WTA ranking points and $162,987 for the winner. The 8 seeds ranged in rankings from World No.1 Victoria AZARENKA through to No.10 Caroline WOZNIACKI. Anna TATISHVILI of Georgia ranked at No.51 was the last direct acceptance to make the cut-off.
All of the players listed in the draw below except for the direct acceptances will have letters or a number in brackets in front of their names. A seeded player will have a number that denotes what number that player is seeded i.e.  for the No.1 seed. A wild card entrant is identified with – [WC], a player who won through the qualifying tournament i.e. a qualifier is [Q], a special entry or special exempt is [SE] and a lucky loser is [LL].
The draw for the seeded players IF they all win through to the quarter finals is:
- Victoria AZARENKA  v  Caroline WOZNIACKI
- Serena WILLIAMS  v  Samantha STOSUR
The seeded match ups for the bottom half of the draw are:
- Petra KVITOVA  v  Angelique KERBER
- Sara ERRANI  v  Maria SHARAPOVA
The four players that are bolded below make it easier for you to see who is seeded to meet in the semi finals.
The 2013 Brisbane International women’s singles draw is:
- Victoria AZARENKA  v BYE
- Sabine LISICKI v Lucie SAFAROVA
- Urszula RADWANSKA v Tamira PASZEK
- Qualifier [Q] v  Caroline WOZNAICKI
- Serena WILLIAMS  v Varvara LEPCHENKO
- Alize CORNET v [Q]
- Sloane STEPHENS v Dominika CIBULKOVA
- Sofia ARVIDSSON v  Samantha STOSUR
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Petra KVITOVA  v Carla SUAREZ NAVARRO
- Lucie HRADECKA v Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA
- Olivia ROGOWSKA [WC] v [Q]
- Anna TATISHVILI v  Angelique KERBER
- Sara ERRANI  v [Q]
- Daniela HANTUCHOVA v Lourdes DOMINGUEZ LINO
- Roberta VINCI v [WC] Jarmila GAJDOSOVA
- BYE v  Maria SHARAPOVA
Photo credit: Aleksandr Osipov