The 2012 Acapulco Open men’s main draw singles 1st round matches began on Monday 27 February at 3pm local time in Acapulco, Guerrero in Mexico. Acapulco is one of only 11 ATP 500 category tournaments each year, where 32 players are vying for this prestigious title, the maximum of ATP ranking points i.e. 500 and $277,915 in prize money.
Acapulco has a 32-draw divided up between 4 Qualifiers (Q), 3 Wild Cards (WC) and 25 Direct Acceptances. The Top 8 ranked players on Monday 20 February amongst the 25 Direct Acceptances become the seeds. The 8 seeds were ranked from World No.5 (David FERRER) through to No.25 (Fernando VERDASCO). The last direct acceptance into the main draw was David NALBANDIAN from Argentina who was ranked No.89 at the entry deadline date.
Please leave a comment below this article regarding anything YOU would like to know about in tennis, have explained or suggest for me to write about here at OnCourt Advantage. Click the following link for details about how you can buy Acapulco Open Official tennis tickets, for the full coverage of Acapulco-> Acapulco Open Tennis 2012.
This is the draw for the seeded players IF they all win through to the quarter finals:
- David FERRER (1) v (5) Florian MAYER
- Gilles SIMON (3) v (7) Marcel GRANOLLERS
- Juan MONACO (6) v (4) Kei NISHIKORI
- Fernando VERDASCO (8) v (2) Nicolas ALMAGRO
The 2012 Acapulco Open men’s singles draw for the 1st round is:
- David FERRER (1) v (WC) Santiago GONZALEZ
- Lukasz KUBOT v (WC) Daniel GARZA
- Leonardo MAYER v Pablo ANDUJAR
- Facundo BAGNIS (Q) v (5) Florian MAYER
- Gilles SIMON (3) v Carlos BERLOCQ
- Alessandro GIANNESSI (Q) v Potito STARACE
- David NALBANDIAN v Santiago GIRALDO
- Thomaz BELLUCCI v (7) Marcel GRANOLLERS
The bottom half of the draw is:
- Juan MONACO (6) v Albert RAMOS
- Juan Carlos FERRERO v Stanislas WAWRINKA
- Jeremy CHARDY v Rui MACHADO
- Albert MONTANES v (4) Kei NISHIKORI
- Fernando VERDASCO (8) v Filippo VOLANDRI
- Juan Ignacio CHELA v (WC) Cesar RAMIREZ
- Juan Sebastian CABAL (Q) v Benoit PAIRE
- Pere RIBA (Q) v (2) Nicolas ALMAGRO
OnCourt Advantage supplies all the details YOU need to make it easy to follow tennis, get your tennis tickets and watch men’s and women’s professional tennis on the WTA, ATP Tour and for each Grand Slam tournament all year round.
© photo credit: Beth Wilson